There are many advantages of using L2S. One of them is the possibility to save costs on an operational level.
Without a proper collaboration tool several challenges might exist:
- Each company have their own system for storing information
- Sharing is done via email
- Arranging meetings between operators can be a tedious exercise
- Version control can be a challenge
This raises doubt to stakeholders:
- Where is the correct version of a document?
- Who has received the information?
- Are we sure that every stakeholder has all information and is it the correct information?
- What about minutes of meetings and voting's - is this handled in a proper manner?
- Can we trust the content?
- Are we sure that information is not shared with anyone who should not see it might misuse it?
L2S transfers chaos into order:
Going from chaos to order introduces some positive financial consequences:
- Data management and records keeping
- One secure of truth
- Improved governance
- High availability
Managing Partners : Building trust
- Transparency and audits
- Life cycle engagement of exploration, production until decommisioning
- Low cost pricing model
- Increase productivity
- Managed security
Reduction of IT costs
- Reduction systems and interfaces
- Benefit from innovations
- Reduction of number of interfaces stakeholders have to relate to
- Focus on strategy and tactics instead of handling challenges that are related to lack of information control